IntelliWorks Openstores Shopping Cart Service Community Forum

It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:52 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Reward Program
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:23 pm 
Site Admin

How to Enable Reward Program

To enable the reward program, go to Admin Panel configuration and set "Enable Component Reward Program " to true.
How it works

Once customer purchase products/services from your store, they'll be given some rewards points when the orders are completed. You need to setup Reward points for each dollar the customer purchase. This can be done by editing configuration "Reward Point Per Dollar". The default value is one point per dollar.

If a customer (as exsitng customer) has referred a new customer to you, once the new customer has been set to approved, the existing customer will get the reward points as long as the new customer has put the existing customer's email address in referrer field. The point can be set in configuration "Reward points for referrer".

Things to know

1. You can give some extra bonus point for a particular product - Edit the product and set the "Bonus Point" (only when reward program is enabled)

2. You can decide which product is redeemable and how many points are required for that product - Edit Proudct and Set Redeemable=true and set the Redeem Point.

3. Customers will get the reward points only after the orders have been progressed to Completed status. You need to go to admin panel->Orders->Complete Sales Order and set the order to Complete.

Note: If you like, you can setup the waiting period for a customer to get the reward points after the order has been set to completed. Because the credit card can be denied and items could be returned in certain situtations after completed. You can set the time by changing Configuration "Waiting period (days) to grant customer reward point after order completed".

Update customer reward points for purchases

Go to admin panel -> Customers -> Update Reward Points, you'll find a list of orders are eligible for the reward points. Click on the button "Update Reward Points" to grant the reward points to customers.

Post subject: can't update points
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:45 am 
Hi Admin,
I have obviously done something wrong or missed a step somewhere.

When I went to customer the only headings under customer were edit, search, place customer orders.

I have set rewards points to true, set reward point to 1 for every dollar for the time being, set all the user permissions in admin, but I still cannot update reward points. All orders have been set to complete.

Am I looking in the wrong section? Do I have to set points to each product? Please help.

http://www.booksgalore.id.au

Thanks Trisha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:08 pm 
Site Admin

Have you selected the menu permission for Update Reward Points?

Login Admin Panel, select Admin -> Edit Admin User, select Modify on the admin user, tick the permissions you would like to give to the admin user. In this case, tick update reward points.

Log off and log in again, you should see the menu item.

Let me know if you still have problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:20 pm 
Hi Admin,
Yes, I did all that, but I didn't know that I had to log off and then log back on again. Did that and everything seems to be fine.

Thanks for the reply,
Trisha