IntelliWorks Openstores Shopping Cart Service Community Forum

It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:20 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:55 pm 

I just tested my store out by puting an item into my cart that had only one in stock, and at the same time putting it in the cart through another browser... and it let me do that - which is fine... but then after I checked out as the first user, that one product should have been unavailable to other customers, but the second user was able to checkout with it.

So then I thought it might have been an issue because the item was already in both carts when it was checked out, but I checked the product listing and it was still showing as one item in stock, and allowed me to buy it twice more.

Each time I could only add it to the cart once - any more than that and I got the error message, but that one product has been able to be purchased 4 times now, and is still registering as being 1 in stock on the store.

Also I've noticed that if I buy an item I have 3 of, its not reducing the quantity shown to reflect that there now should only be 2 available... and I can go back and buy another 3 again without it stopping me.

I've got the system set to not allow selling out of stock products - and it won't allow me to put something in the cart that I've entered as having no stock to begin with... but I'm wondering if/when the system updates the product to show it is out of stock or the number if items has been sold... Am I doing something wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:38 pm 
Site Admin

If you have enabled the stock control function, your stock will be reduced when you invoice the order.

There is no stock change when customer submits the order at checkout. This is to prevent the fake orders from stopping other customers to order the same items.

Anyone has any thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:21 pm 

Well could we have the option to have it automatically reduce the number in stock or not...

Because if I have an big opening to open my store, and have lots of customers and lots of single item products, they would all be able to buy the 1 product until I invoice them... which could be hours later? and then I'd have to contact all the other customers who bought the item that was already actually sold, to tell them they can't have one? I don't imagine they would be very impressed with that....

I was planning not to use the invoice feature... as they already get a copy of the sale in the e-mail they are sent, so I couldn't see the point... So I was going to just mark it as paid, then shipped and completed. But I believe the invoicing would be done after they have paid to show their payment, which could be several days later.... so there could be several days where the sold item is being able to be oversold, unless I went in and manually changed the number in stock.

My store will potentially have a lot of one off products - so it is essential for these to only be able to be sold once...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:59 pm 
Site Admin

We will add a new config setting for you to select whether to reduce stock at order submission or invoice.

One more feature with invoice is that your customer can login your website and print their invoice once the invoice has been generated by you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:29 pm 

Cool, thanks

So will this come with the next update or will it be done sooner?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:14 pm 

I must say that I have the same issue and would also love for it to be subtracted from the total once the order is placed and not at invoice.
ATM I'm just invoicing as soon as possible because of that fact, and now finding that it is hard to keep track of who has paid as a result.
So I'm looking forward to that feature too :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:34 am 

So any idea when this feature will be enabled?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:41 pm 

admin wrote:
If you have enabled the stock control function, your stock will be reduced when you invoice the order.

There is no stock change when customer submits the order at checkout. This is to prevent the fake orders from stopping other customers to order the same items.

Anyone has any thoughts?

Wouldn't it be better to change the stock when you enter there sales orders has paid as your not going to mark fake orders as paid and your not going to invoice/send/ship orders until payed.

Or better still reduced the stock when order is first submitted then if the order doesn't proceed Cancel it and the stock gets put back in. Because if its a fake order or obvoious credit card fraud you will cancel it straight away.

If its a PayPal or Direct Deposit you will have to hold that stock for the customer until you can verify its been paid and if not then you cancel it and put it back in stock.

That make sense?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:09 pm 
Site Admin

We'll make it configurable. You can reduced the stock at either invoicing time or order being placed.

In either case, when the order is cancelled, the stocks will be cliamed (added back)

Hopefully this makes sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:52 pm 

So will this option be ready soon? becase I really can't open my store until stock levels get updated on checkout, because some items I'll have only one or a small quantity of, and if I advertise my opening and have several people buy that one item, it will be a problem :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:54 pm 
Site Admin

A patch will be released by the end of the week which will include this feature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:59 pm 

Excellent because I was trying to work out how to overcome this problem myself :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:36 pm 
Site Admin

Now you can config your store to reduce the stock either when order is placed or order is invoiced.

Refer to
http://forum.intelliworks.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=318

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:45 pm 

Have tried all the above and can still purchase same item as many times as I like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:36 pm 

All good. Got that to work as well.