IntelliWorks Openstores Shopping Cart Service Community Forum

It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:46 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:57 pm 

Hi

I have added a number of custom boxes to one of my category pages but have found that they appear on all the category pages. I have tried deleting them off each individual category page but this just gets rid of them on all pages. How can I keep them on one page only?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:47 pm 
Site Admin

It's been designed in that way and you can't keep them on one page only.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:13 pm 

admin wrote:
It's been designed in that way and you can't keep them on one page only.

Well how about designing it so you can have a different custom box's for each category.

You can have it like the products where you can have products in different categories by placing the categorie id's separated by a comma. You could do the same with the custom box's for categories.

This would be ideal as I have info I would like to place in a category that is only revelant to that category.

Shop and Save at Tassietek Online
www.tassietek.com.au

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:24 pm 
Site Admin

The category has description field. We'll rename it to "Additional Information" (or something similar) and use HTML editor, so you can publish the information on the category.

Or keep the existing description and use the HTML editor to edit the new field "Additional Information".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:04 pm 

admin wrote:
The category has description field. We'll rename it to "Additional Information" (or something similar) and use HTML editor, so you can publish the information on the category.

Or keep the existing description and use the HTML editor to edit the new field "Additional Information".

um went to do a bit of a test, enabled category description in setup. The typed something into the category description for the main category "Belkin" but nothing appears on the category page??

Never mind got it to work, but not what I needed as the description only appears under the hyperlink for the category. Need so it appears on the actually category page either on top or below the list of products.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:35 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry, I meant in the coming release.

Will add the new Field and allow you to select where you want it to be - either on top of product or below the product.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:03 am 

just to get this clear - in the next release when a customer clicks on a category name it will say the category name as well as the image and description? Because right now I can only get it to show sub category images and descriptions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:22 am 
Site Admin

Yes, there is a field in the Category edit form called Additional Information.

This field will be displayed on the category page for the current selected category. A content box will be added for the rendering of the information in the next release. You will have the options to place it above or beneath the sub-categories, and of cause remove it if you don't need it.