IntelliWorks Openstores Shopping Cart Service Community Forum

It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:01 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Paypal intergration help
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:53 am 

Howdy, I have applied for a merchant account through paypal so that credit card payments can be made without being a paypal member but I have no idea on how to intergrate this method into the store
it says I need to log in to your shopping cart provider’s website and follow the instructions to add PayPal as your payment processor. can this be done and how do I do it thankyou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:43 pm 
Site Admin

Login your admin panel, go to Setup -> Edit Customer Payment Methods.

Select PayPal as one of the payment methods. Enter your PayPal account into the form. Remember to set publish to true.

Post subject: Still need help
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:36 am 

I have already set the site up to go directly to paypal to make payments but I want to set it up as a merchant account so that people can pay by credit card and wont need to be a paypal customer, it seams to be the cheaper way to go in regards to a merchant account, it says you can intergrate the system into your shopping cart so it will open up a secure window while on the site but be through paypal, need a way to intergrat a merchant account into the shopping cart thankyou

Mark
(Crystal Scrap and Hobbies)

Post subject: Re: Still need help
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:02 am 

CrystalScrapHobbies wrote:
I have already set the site up to go directly to paypal to make payments but I want to set it up as a merchant account so that people can pay by credit card and wont need to be a paypal customer, it seams to be the cheaper way to go in regards to a merchant account, it says you can intergrate the system into your shopping cart so it will open up a secure window while on the site but be through paypal, need a way to intergrat a merchant account into the shopping cart thankyou

Mark
(Crystal Scrap and Hobbies)

Hello Mark,

You don't need to intergrate anything into the shopping cart. Just do has admin stated and all will work fine.

When a person selects Paypal and they are not already a member PayPal will give them a option to join or not if they choose not to join they can still pay with there credit card. If you wish to use Paypal To Accept all Credit Purchases just have PayPal as your only Payment method.

By the way you can't use PayPals PayPal Pro only Canada and USA can use that.

Shop and Save at Tassietek Online
www.tassietek.com.au

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:10 am 

thankyou, will do a test run and see how I go thanks for the info

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:32 am 

this is what i get when i have done numerous test runs on the check out with paypal chosen as the preferred option. Much like the earlier post i need to make sure the Paypal side of things goes direct to paypal itself and allows them to log in and or chose a card or i guess log into a account they may have with paypal. this as youll see below isnt the case and yes i have followed the instructions and set up the payment method etc.

thanks

Purchase Confirmation

Thank you for your order. Your order reference number is Ref000000X.

You can check your order process status at any time by selecting My Account after logging onto the web site. etc etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:10 pm 
Site Admin

You need to setup the delivery method correctlye,eg, cover all regions, or weight range.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:00 pm 

you rock thanks a million :D :D :D