IntelliWorks Openstores Shopping Cart Service Community Forum

It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:03 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: payments and paypal
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:16 pm 
hi admin,
just had my first successful sales. Only one query, customer wanted to pay with paypal but didn't pay immediately. When she went to pay later said she couldn't find a link for paypal. Does this mean I have to resend the order for her so that she can pay directly from the invoice rather than go to the paypal site and put the information in manually.

Trisha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:28 pm 
Site Admin

Your customer should have received a copy of the order as well.

You need to tell your customer your paypal account (email) and amount, and ask him/her to put in the order reference as the comment/additional info etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:01 am 

Hi Admin! This is what I was referring to when customers don't pay immediately. Is there a way in a future release we can have it so a customer can log back in and obtain payment info, or even change their payment method? It would be less manual work as a seller, and leave fewer frustrated customers. I'm not sure how complicated a change it is to the program, but it would be handy :)

Post subject: re:paypal payment
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:54 pm 
Hi Admin,
It would be great if this could be fixed, had another customer pay using paypal but didn't pay immediately, and didn't realise that she had to go to the paypal site and put the information in manually. Emailed me in frustration, wanting to know what she had to do to make payment. Would be so much easier if customer could log back into their account and then make payment to paypal through their account without having to input all the information. This is a concern if buyers can't make payment easily, could jeopardise any future sales, could look for a more user friendly system if buyer doesn't want to make payment with paypal straightaway.

The buying experience should be simple and easy to use but with this problem with paypal, buyers will buy once but may not want the hassle and buy elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:37 am 
Site Admin

Will add a link to unpaid (no balanced) orders to allow customer make the payment.

Customers can see the links after login.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:29 pm 
Thank you admin, that will be great, the less hassle for the buyer so as to encourage them back again.

Regards Trisha