IntelliWorks Openstores Shopping Cart Service Community Forum

It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:43 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Downloadable products
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:41 pm 

Would it be possible to add downloadable products to the to do list. Which can be downloaded after payment has been received.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:35 pm 
Site Admin

Although this feature has already been in our TODO list for a while, we will not put it in the high priority at the moment because we have a lot features to be implemented.

We would like to hear more discussion on this topic such as how it works, mutiple/single download, licensing etc

Thank you for your suggestion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:13 am 

In my business (computers & software) this is essential/critical as Microsoft no longer supply their Office 2007 on CD - it is now a downloadable licence. You can download a trial version but the licence is only available as a download.

Is there any way you can implement this fairly soon ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:18 am 
Site Admin

We need to collect more information on this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:18 pm 

ozpeg wrote:
In my business (computers & software) this is essential/critical as Microsoft no longer supply their Office 2007 on CD - it is now a downloadable licence. You can download a trial version but the licence is only available as a download.

Is there any way you can implement this fairly soon ?

Sorry but where did you get that idea, Microsoft does and always will sell Office on CD/DVD. If your cusomer whishes extra Licensese only then you should be be selling them the MICROSOFT OPEN BUSINESS LICENCE PROGRAM, MICROSOFT OPEN GOVERNMENT LICENSING or the MICROSOFT OPEN VOLUME LICENSING Programs.

You can download a trail version then buy a License for that trail but that's only for USA/Canada as not been implemented for Australia yet and probably never will be.

We would be interested in the ability to sell downloadable software as more and more business are going this way. But as you state have more important things to do as this ability would be a major build.

Leon Kaine (Microsoft Gold Certified Partner)
Shop and Save at Tassietek Online
www.tassietek.com.au

Post subject: digital downloads
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:59 pm 

I also sell digital products and have been using a procedure that sends my customer to the product download page after payment is received by paypal.

You have to use the buy button and code provided by them for this to work.

Can this be done

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:52 pm 
Site Admin

We are still analyze how to support the digital products on top of the existing functionality. Can you provide more details on how you would like to process the products and purchases?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:40 am 

The site I have used in the past for automatic delivery of digital products I have sold is Payloadz.com. They host the downloadable file on their site, so intelliworks would not need to provide space for hosting these files. When a product is sold (the buy button is provided by them with some code attached for Paypal) the payment is processed and the buyer is provided with a link to the page on Payloadz where they can download the product they have purchased.

I have included a link to their user manual which will explain in detail how this works. This may help you find out how to apply this to your software.

https://www.payloadz.com/docs/PayLoadz- ... _Goods.pdf

Hope this help you.

Regards
kam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:12 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks. We will look into this.

However, we need to find a generic solution which is sutable to all store owners, including youself - some store might want to sell the key (or serial number) only because the products can be publicly downloaded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:36 am 

admin wrote:
Thanks. We will look into this.

However, we need to find a generic solution which is sutable to all store owners, including youself - some store might want to sell the key (or serial number) only because the products can be publicly downloaded.

Um thinking about this....

Have a couple of new fields in the Product Page
Dowloadable yes/no dropdown
Download File "enter the url to the downloadable file"

If yes is select then add the url to the Front Product Page.

99% downloadable software require you to enter either a passowrd, serial or Keycode so doesn't really matter when customer downloads the file. As they wouldn't be able to use it until receive the revelant info.

For Serail Numbers Keycodes extra, you would probable need the ability to add lines to the Invoice before generating it. That way can add the Serial, key code, password extra.

You can had it to the shipping email by using the comment field. Also had the url to the file.

Post subject: totally agree
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:18 pm 

Hi Tangentwizard,
I just got really excited, I thought it was advising the changes had taken place, then I realised the post wasn't from admin.

This solution would work for me. I hope admin can look at it. It would be fairly easy to implement I should think. Perhaps it can be incorporated in the next release.
Regards
kam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

If we all agree the solution proposed by Tangentwizard, we'll add this in next release.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:04 pm 

admin wrote:
If we all agree the solution proposed by Tangentwizard, we'll add this in next release.

Glad to be of help :D

As there would be no freight charge you would probably need to add a bit of code so shipping costs defaults to zero and it ignores your shipping methods.